- Cases have a floating PCB design, which means soldered builds are recommended. Hotswappable PCBs will work with the case, but might have issues if the switch holes in the PCB become stretched if you constantly change switches. If you press your keys hard, it also might cause the switch to pop out of the hot swap socket.
- Lead time is 4-8 weeks, starting the day the invoice is paid
- There are NO refunds for custom commissions due to the customization of orders
See here for design updates
The case is made up from 7 acrylic layers (with acrylic layers used for the stand) stacked on top of each other using a combination of screws and standoffs.
The current design features a 1-step design from the top most layer to the next.
This design also accounted for a 'flare layer' which is intended to be an accent color to your case.
For my cases, you will be required to use my plates designed for it.
- 4.5mm acrylic plate (included for certain boards, +$20-30 for other boards)
- POM plate (1.5mm with a tolerance of +/-.1mm)
- Brass plates (1.5mm)
- Copper plates (1.5mm)
- Aluminum plates (1.5mm)
- Stainless steel plates (1.5mm)
- Acrylic 1.5mm + 3mm switch insert
- 3mm acrylic plate
- coming soon: PETG 1.6mm plates
In every kit, you will be provided:
- Acrylic case
- Switch plate (acrylic, POM, or metal)
- Case hardware
- Hex tool for hardware
- Rubber feet
- Case rubber feet
- Acrylic plate rubber feet
- Additional hardware kits, if purchased
What do I still need to complete my build?
- Cable (check the PCB you buy to know which kind)
- Keyboard switches (MX, Alps, etc.)
See FAQ page.
If you’d like a case style I do not offer, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss. A non-refundable design fee of $25 would be charged separately and must be paid prior to design work being started.