60% O-ring Mount Acrylic Case
Pickup currently unavailable
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS:
Our o-ring mount acrylic case is a brand new case style. It differs from our normal stacked mount acrylic design and therefore offers a different typing experience. Unlike our stacked mount cases, the plate is not shown on the sides of the case.
An o-ring is placed between the plate and PCB provides friction to hold the plate/PCB assembly in our case. Cutouts on the PCB allow the o-ring to rest on the mounting points built into the case. This mounting style results in a very bouncy typing experience and great sounding board.
- 7 main case layers and stand layers
- High profile case
- 5-6 degree typing angle (varies because of acrylic thickness)
- SMK logo on bottom layer
- Centered USB Daughterboard placement
- Standard USB port placement -- only DZ60 Flex PCBs
- Acrylic case layers
- Hardware (screws and standoffs)
- Hex tool
- Rubber feet
- Daughterboard fastening hardware (daughterboard option is selected)
- Screws with nuts
- 50A Durometer o-ring
- Plate (if ordered)
Compatibility of Parts:
- Standard "Unikorn" mounting points PCBs. For example the Jay60 (mechlovin), Plain60-flex (open sourced PCB), Bakeneko60 (from CannonKeys), H60, Cascade60, etc.
- The JST location on the PCB does not matter
- DZ60 Flex PCB (only supports the DZ60 FLEX edition)
- Any standard 60% plate should be compatible. Although, I am not guaranteeing 100% that they will work.
- kbdfans 60% plates (aluminum and polycarbonate -- personally tested)
- 1upkeyboard plates (carbon fiber -- personally tested)
- Any plate we provide will be 100% compatible.
- The provided o-ring (50A) with the purchase of this case is supported
- GraveShift o-rings, specifically when using screw in stabilizers (Vendors: mech.land and graveshift)
- CannonKeys Bakeneko60 o-rings
- CannonKeys daughterboard (my personal favorite)
- hineybush USB-C Daughterboard
- Daughterboards that follow the UnifiedDaughterboard design.
Daughterboards that have the USB-port and the JST connectors on opposite sides will NOT work with our case (see product photos)
- If you plan to use hotswap PCB, I recommend a 'stiffer' plate such as a metal or FR4 plate to assist with keeping the switches in the PCB. A soft plate material (PETG/POM/IMA) may be difficult to install the o-ring without pressing too hard and removing some switches in the corners of the PCB.
We strongly recommend soldered builds for this case.
- We also recommend using clip-in stabilizers for this case. More specifically, for the spacebar and backspace stabilizers. Screw-ins may work but may interfere with the default o-ring provided with this case. If you try to force the assembled plate+PCB with screw-in stabilizers, you may break or damage your o-ring.
- I have used GraveShift o-rings with screw in stabilizers (on both the backspace and spacebar) and had no issues installing the PCB/plate into the case.
You case will come assembled in the correct order of layers required to assemble and use this case. Each case will come with a "friction layer" which is visibly different than all other layers. The inside cuts are made closer to the PCB so the o-ring has enough friction for the PCB/plate to stay in place.
If you have ordered a case with no blockers, you can remove and place the PCB/plate combo freely without disassembly of the case.
If you ordered a case with blockers, you will have to remove the top two layers with blockers. With the top layers removed, you can place the PCB/plate combo into the case and put the two top blocker layers back on top and screw the case together again.
Sound Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2WWxrAdoE
Custom Case Commissions: 4-6 weeks (orders with metal plates may take longer)
Other laser cut products: 1-2 weeks
In stock items: 3-5 days to ship
All sales are final and there are NO refunds or returns on this item.
Acrylic colors are also subject to being unavailable or sold out and may take additional time to complete your case order.